Expected Student Outcomes
School for Independent Learners helps students to become self-aware individuals, invested community members, and life-long learners, who are ready to thrive in college and beyond:
- Critically investigate their own understanding and recognize their own strengths and challenges,
- Invite and constructively respond to feedback,
- Recognize the difference between mastery and superficial understanding, and can prioritize learning goals,
- Devise strategies for achievement.
Invested Community Members
- Demonstrate respect and consideration for others,
- Are aware of their roles within a community,
- Communicate with a diverse audience using a range of strategies,
- Use their unique abilities to contribute to the community.
- Value curiosity, creativity, and criticality,
- Know how and when to work independently, and when to collaborate or seek guidance,
- Use multiple strategies to investigate their world,
- Feel confident grappling with challenges.